Buying a prom dress is a major part of being a teenage girl—something to anticipate with excitement, not apprehension. If parents bear in mind some tips, they will find it easier to get ideal prom dresses.
Does the shape of this prom dress work with My daughter’s body type?
First of all, parents should figure out the body types of their daughters. This is the only way you can possibly get a fitted dress for your daughter. What you need to do is to keep it is well-fitting. What should parents do if their daughters have other body type? Which kind of dress should they opt for?
1. Hourglass: As has been mentioned above, almost all dress styles will flatter an hourglass figure. The best choice will be strapless or sweetheart prom dresses with sashes and sequined bust.
2. Pear-Shape: Pear-shaped girls are comparatively fuller in the lower part of their body. Such girls should better opt for dresses with a fitted top as well as a full skirt. Empire waists attires and A-line prom dresses are fine options for pear shapes. These dresses can help them hide heavy hips and at the same time show off the waist.
3. Apple-Shape: On the contrary of the pear-shaped, apple-shaped girls are fuller in the upper part of their body. Their parents should opt for dresses with flattering necklines which balance the top half of their body.
4. Slender: Parents can buy their daughter ball gowns or empire dresses to create an illusion of curves. Ball gowns and empire dresses will help draw attention to their bust line or waist line.
5. Petite: Girls with petite figures should never dress in floor-length gowns. Their parents can choose sheath dresses for them. Sheath dresses are perfect for petite girls because they can elongate frame. By the way, gowns with higher hemlines are also good choices.
Secondly, Parents should choose the correct color for their dresses. You may find there are all kinds of method available on the Internet, but few of them are applicable. There is an easy way out – selecting the color according to the seasons. Normally speaking, prom usually starts from June, this is in the summer. Then which colors are popular in summer? Like winter complexions, have blue or pink undertones. Skin is pale and pink. Summer is often natural blondes or brunettes with pale eyes. Summer should choose prom dresses that are pastels and soft neutrals with rose and blue undertones. Lavender, plum, rose-brown and soft blue suit summers well while black and orange do not. Take a look at these Unique Vintage options:
If parents bear in mind the two types, they will end up getting decent prom dresses for their daughters. As a result, their daughters will enjoy an exciting and memorable prom night.